Monday, October 4, 2010

Late But Great?

This is late because i forgot and I'm hoping that I still get some credit.

All in the Family was very different from 8 Simple Rules for Dating my Teenage Daughter. One difference is that if they tried to say "fag" on 8 Simple Rules, I'm pretty sure they would've been censored or cancelled. Another is that they did fight a lot, but for some reason I felt like in All in the Family, Archie was a lot meaner than really anyone in 8 Simple Rules. 

Some similarities of both include: the bickering or petty fighting. In both, there was a lot of fighting about things that are really just ridiculous to fight about. Archie calling a guy a fairy is clearly insensitive and mean, and two sisters fighting over boys is equally pointless, though without dealing with a big issue like All in the Family. 

8 Simple Rules dealt mainly with the petty issues that teenagers face, but also the issue of losing a parent and trying to move on and keep living after it happens. I also think that 8 Simple Rules dealt with the issue of gay discrimination like All in the Family did.

No comments:

Post a Comment